Wednesday 11 May 2016

The Dots

One thing I have realised whilst searching for a job in the animation industry is that there aren't very many advertised right now. I think looking at specific companies I'm interested in to see if they're advertising any internships or junior positions would be the best way to go (since there's more likely a job I'd want there), but another alternative is search engines.

My classmate told us about 'The Dots' which is an engine specifically designed to advertise creative jobs! Whilst searching you can list specific aspects of a job you'd want, such as the position, location, level, and a list of your skills - which all sounds fancy, but after listing the specific skills and position I'd like to go into nothing comes up on the list.



So instead I had to widen my requirements to none specific skills or levels, and I found this stop motion animator advertisement:



The job requirements and tasks aren't very specific, but this opportunity could be interesting to consider. The contract is only for a month but earning a lot of money in that time. The main softwares are DragonFrame, Photoshop and Illustrator - all of which I can use. And it would give me some experience to put on my CV, as well as opening up opportunities for more work and gaining another contact (in the employer). It would also be a good opportunity for me to practice using Stop Motion more, since at the moment it's my least used technique (despite me really enjoying using it).

When my CV is completely put together and ready to submit, I will see if this advertisement is still available and potentially apply to it as one of my first jobs.




No comments:

Post a Comment