Wednesday 18 May 2016

Practical - The Final Piece (Playblast)

Despite my epic fail using Maya, I still managed to animate Morpheus in a successful loop! Overall I'm happy with the outcome, saying I spent about 4 days working on it.

Some of the movements still look a bit stiff, particularly when he stands up off the floor, which I think would be resolved with some more head and back movement to make it look more natural, as well as applying more secondary action to his arms. Apart from this I like the movement and exaggeration in his walk, and the stretch he does once he stands up (I animated the fingers to stretch further when he leans back but you can't really tell from this camera angle!)

I've learnt how easy it is to animate a walk cycle on Maya - and how easy it is to mess it all up! But I will need a lot more practice in 3D animating to get to a better standard.



No comments:

Post a Comment