Thursday 19 May 2016

Evaluation

Overall I'm happy with the progress I made during this project - actually researching into studios and looking up how to contact them has made me feel a lot better about starting a conversation with them, since all of their work is already in one place, so I can research into them and engage in their practice.

As you're probably fully aware by now, I'm not the best at managing my time during a project. This has faulted me again with the practical element of this submission, since I didn't leave myself enough time to resolve the issues that arose. Despite this, I made a decent animation that I still intend to submit to Loop De Loop once I have fixed the problems with the file, since it would definitely benefit me to submit my work to competitions and external sources, to reach a wider audience and hopefully get noticed by them.

In terms of my showreel, I want to give myself more time in the next month to finish off the current projects I'm working on, as well as some more short sequences, to update my showreel with a standard of work that I'm happy with. For now I'm happy with the 40 second reel I have. I also intend to edit any marketing material and update my websites ready for the exhibition at the Leeds College of Art in June.

My time on the course has taught me a lot about the animation industry and myself as a person, I'm proud of how far I've come and I look forward to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment