Saturday 20 February 2016

Flipbook Studio

This is another animation company based in Manchester. Primarily focusing on 3D animation and VFX, I have to say their work looks outstanding. On the opening page to their website plays a looping showreel of their best moments, and at a first glance I thought this image of a girl was a film of a real person:



Once it zooms out you can tell it's CG, but the detail on the paint and eye textures is impeccable. 

They have worked on a lot of various things, including a few advertisements that I recognise! This Resolva Commercial particularly used to be on TV a lot, and I always admired how well animated it is. Now knowing who's behind it, I'm keen to find out more about this company!




After looking further through their website at the contact details, I scrolled down to find this advertisement for a CG Generalist to join their team! It's a vague description for the moment, but it's enough to be able to consider how interested I am in this opportunity. I will consider it as an option, but for now I think I'll contact them to see if they're available for a studio visit soon, since they specifically pointed out on their site their location in an inviting manner.





If nothing else, I will use this as an opportunity to build up my network, and hopefully meet some new people that I can get advice from later.



No comments:

Post a Comment