Sunday 7 February 2016

Leeds International Screendance Competition

My final piece for Extended Practice is a short film, animating a dance routine. While this process has only just started, I should already consider how to advertise my film to the animation industry, and I can't think of a better way then animation festivals.

Leeds International Film Festival is a particular one to watch out for, since it's local, and displays a variety of live action and animated films. This means a wider range audience is likely to visit the festival, as opposed to just animation fans. I'd like to enter my animation into the Screendance competition, since my film will be animated dance, and it will most likely be surrounded by live action films, which will hopefully make mine stand out more in the crowd.

As well as Leeds, I will consider other short film festivals/competitions to enter my final film into, to try and get my name out there and noticed by professionals.




No comments:

Post a Comment