Tuesday 16 February 2016

DreamWorks Animation Studio

A few days ago I received the email address of Robert Crawford, the head of layout at DreamWorks Animations! My Aunt, who lives in the Cook Islands (on the other side of the world), owns a cafe there, and he just happened to be on holiday. After being told about me, he gave his email address and said I could email him about anything...

I wanted the first point of contact to be casual, yet sound professional at the same time. I explained how I got his email address and asked him what it's like to work at DreamWorks; a short email that shows I'm interested in the company.


My email to Robert Crawford

After knowing that I have an important contact in the company, I did some research into what type of jobs are offered at DreamWorks; there's a specific section on their website which talks about how they want to hire and train recent graduates from around the world to work for them!


The list of open positions is extensive, covering a wide range of skills and points in the process, including character animation! However if certain jobs aren't currently available there is an option to leave your details on their site, so that if any positions open up they can contact you.


As exciting as all of this is, I think the best way to at least get advice about applying for a job like this is by talking to Crawford - especially since he is British as well, so he will have experience in applying for international jobs. I expect he will be a busy man, so I will give him a while to see if he replies back to me, and chase up the email if he doesn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment