Tuesday 8 March 2016

Toon Boom... Harmony Advanced

The newest edition to the Toon Boom software club is 'Harmony'. As stated on their website, a lot of the big animation companies (such as Disney and Dreamworks) are using it, so I thought I'd complete the 21 day free trial to test it out.

This is the default screen that appears once you open the software:


The layout of it reminds me of a combination of Photoshop and After Effects, which immediately put me at ease. After some observation, I noticed the tools available are similar to those in the Adobe products as well.

There are a few textured brushes available, but not as bigger variety as Photoshop has; this isn't necessarily a bad thing, since creating the basic animation should only require a basic line, which can be edited in other softwares.

I haven't actually animated with it yet, but it looks good so far, and easy enough to import images, so it could become a good tool for me to use in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment