Tuesday 19 May 2015

Learning Journey Evaluation

My learning journey presentation was a good opportunity to reflect on my year and determine the struggles and successes I've had; I kept the presentation positive with how the modules have gone and my showreel - I know that everybody has struggled with most of the tasks given to us this year so I decided having a more positive outtake on it and reflecting on what I can improve upon in myself and my work for next year would better for me, and a good way to end the year.

The main reason I didn't go into specifics with how each module has gone in this presentation is because I don't have too much to say about each individually. Overall they have gone well, I mentioned that COP and Responsive were my least favourites but they have proven their benefits as well, such as building up my showreel, so I can't complain a lot about them.

Most of the benefits and improvements I've made this year are visible in my work, so that's why I decided to include my showreel, as a nice way to show the highlights of my skills and best bits from my second year at uni. I also needed a way to transition between the text smoothly, so I thought using hands would be simple and look professional; it certainly wasn't as simple as I had anticipated but I've had a bit more practice with drawing hands at least.

I didn't include my plans for the summer or much of next year; it's clear enough that animating is my favourite part of the process, no matter what medium, so I would like to spend the majority of next year experimenting and building up my showreel to decide what I want to do in the future. My summer will be spent researching and developing my Context of Practice dissertation, as well as experimenting with different animating techniques and hopefully visiting a few studios in places such as Manchester. It's a shame that I didn't finish or do much for any of the practical pieces of work I wanted to do for this module, so I will try to finish at least one of them over the summer and potentially take them through into my practice next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment