Monday 16 November 2015

Thought Bubble

Over the weekend just gone, I attended the yearly ThoughtBubble event in Leeds. I had been recommended to go by some of my classmates for the past two years, so thought it was finally time to see what the fuss was about.

ThoughtBubble turned out to be a great place for networking - every artist there had business cards available for people to take, which I truly took advantage of. This has lead to giving me lots of new contacts/art blogs to look through, just incase I want to collaborate in the future.

My mountain of business cards!
Another good aspect of this convention is the panel talks; the one I went to involved each speaker illustrating onto a projection, whilst talking about their experiences in art - things that inspire them, work experience, and general chat. It was enjoyable to listen to them, though I wish some of the things they said were more useful to me as an artist trying to get into the industry.


Overall it was a very enjoyable experience; it was easy to talk to the artists at their stalls, as well as seeing the variety of artwork that's being made is really inspiring to put my work out there. If I get the chance to go again next year (or in a few years) I'd happily visit this convention again.


No comments:

Post a Comment